Hi friends, In my earlier post I had showed you a trick on how you can get a domain name very cheaply from godaddy.com so assuming that you have got your domain so then the next important step for starting your own website is getting a web hosting platform. You need a web hosting to store all your data of your website so this is very important.
A good web hosting will do the following things to your website:-
- Provide good loading Speed for your website
- Provide good uptime for your website and see that the site is not down
- Easy installation of CMS(content management system) like wordpress
- Provide security for your website
- Handle the traffic coming to your website
- Provide good customer support in times of need
So when I had to choose a shared hosting for my blog swapnildhage.com I shortlisted the following web hosting providers
Out of the above I had used hostgator first in 2008 when I started with affiliate marketing and then in 2015 for hosting my company website and their service is good with good page speed and uptime but I did not choose them as I felt they were a bit expensive after the first year.
Bluehost is also a very good option as it is a recommended hosting by wordpress and it provides you with free domain but I had seen reviews related to its downtime and low page speeds.
Dreamhost was also providing with FREE SSL and free domain and I had tried it for a year in 2013 but cost wise it was more costly as compared to others when you renew it in the second year so I did not choose it keeping in mind the long term association which I wanted to have with my hosting provider.
Inmotionhosting was also recommended by many bloggers as it also had SSD storage, free domain, FREE SSL but the cost of their unlimited domains pack was almost double than that of the competitors so I had to drop this provider also.
Then I choose A2hosting is 2018 to host this blog but the main problem with them was the site speed was very slow if you purchased their MOST POPULAR swift plan so if you ever want to go with A2hosting then prefer their most expensive plan that is TURBO.
Finally I shifted to SITEGROUND hosting in 2019 after reading a lot of reviews and studying a lot about their Pros and Cons and to tell you the truth I am happy with the performance and service till now after around 8 months.
The site speed is good
There is very little downtime almost zero
They have a very good site optimizer plugin for wordpress
They provide free ssl certificate
- The StartUp plan is perfect for people with one website that are starting now
- The GrowBig plan is a great value for money offer, including the option for multiple websites and the SuperCacher that greatly improves a WordPress and Joomla website speed
- The GoGeek plan is perfect for people with e-commerce and larger sites, or more geeky development needs like staging and GIT integration
The other big advantage of SITEGROUND HOSTING is they are providing managed wordpress hosting and it is one of the cheapest managed wordpress hosting providers.
So if you are starting your own blog or your company website then I will surely recommend that you start with SITEGROUND HOSTING.
Below are the steps you will go through after selecting the desired hosting plan, like choosing your domain and then payment plan.